The 10th International Symposium on Field Measurements in Geomechanics –FMGM2018 as an acronym, will be held at the Convention Center in Windsor Barra Hotel, in the City of Rio de Janeiro, during July 16-20, 2018. FMGM symposia has been held every four years since 1983, in Zurich, Kobe (1987), Oslo (1991), Bergamo (1985), Singapore (1999), Oslo (2003), Boston (2007), Berlin (2011) and Sydney(2015).
The program will include Special Lectures, Technical Presentations, Forum for Young FMGM Engineers, Poster Sessions, Exhibitions, Workshops and Technical Tours, as well as a parallel non-technical program.
The role of field performance measurements in the risks assessment and control of the natural geohazards and man-made failure in the design, construction and operation of engineered facilities, has become a fundamental issue in engineering practice.
The 10th FMGM will cover traditional and innovative themes and will give those interested in instrumentation and measurements an opportunity to meet to exchange ideas, experiences and, above all, to strength the concept relating security, economy and other social and welfare demands with field performance measurements.
This Symposium will promote inter-disciplinary insights, addressing topics related to human issues and to critical and smart infrastructure and construction, highlighting how the measurements of field performance can transform our understanding and management of infrastructure in densely populated cities and urban areas.
BRAZILIAN ORGANISING COMMITTEE
- Pedricto Rocha Filho, PUC-Rio. (Chairman)
- Luiz E. Prado de Campos. UFBA.
- Fernando Schnaid, UFRGS.
- Fernando Saboya, UENF.
- Claudio S. Amaral, PETROBRAS.
- Romildo D. Toledo, COPPE-UFRJ.
- Luís Melges, Golder – UERJ.
- Monica Moncada, Fugro-UFF.
- Fernando M. Marinho, USP
INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD
- Martin Beth – Soldata Group, France
- Helmut Bock – Q+S Consult, Germany
- E DiBiagio – Norwegian Geotchnical Institute, Norway
- Phil M Dight – Australian Centre for Geomechanics, Australia.
- J Dunnicliff – Geotechnical Instrumentation Consultant, U.K.
- M Fowler – Pells Sullivan Meynink, Austrália.
- J Gattermann – Technische Universität Braunschweig, Germany.
- CF Leung – National University of Singapore, Singapore
- WA Marr – Geocomp Corporation, USA
- Paolo Mazzanti – NHAZCA S.r.l., Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- PE Mikkelsen – GeoMetron Inc OS, USA
- Daniel Naterop – Sisgeo, Switzerland
- T Peters – Deltares, Netherlands
- Michele Salvoni – University of Western, Australia
- G Pezzetti – SMAK s.a.s., Italy
- Andrew Ridley – Geotechnical Observations Limited, UK
- Pedricto Rocha Filho – Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Tony Simmonds – Geokon, USA